The Open Y platform is a content management system that uses Drupal 8 functionality and useful modules from YMCAs and digital partners. It’s easy and free to use—everyone is welcome to implement Open Y and run Open Y projects.
In 2016 a group of YMCA digital, marketing, and technology experts recognized the digital opportunities that exist if we work together as a community and established Open Y.
- Maintains the Open Y content management system and OpenYMCA.org site
- Ensures all basic functionality accessible from the content management system is available free of charge—those who contribute cannot charge others for what is shared
- Strives to be aware of issues found within the Open Y content management system
- Is not liable for bugs, crashes or performance issues of the content management system
- Invites and approves digital partners to join
- Distributes communication about Open Y
- Organizes events for the Open Y community—including 2 annual meetings
Open Y is similar to the Thunder Coalition for the publishing industry, which has generously agreed to share some of the same concepts and content that you see used on this site.